Sunday, February 22, 2009

Metal Sided 5 x 10

These are pictures of a 5x10 that I built. I used colored tin that I purchased from Wells Cargo Trailers. It worked great because it was 10 feet long and 49" wide. I tried glueing the tin on but found out later that the guy I built it for put srews in the sides because he thought it was going to come off. I have heard of other builders that let it float. The top I used bendable plywood. This stuff is GREAT!!! It lays real nice on the bends of the roof. I would recommend it to everyone planning to build a Teardrop.

It helps to have a lot of clamps when building a trailer. After building this trailer I would like to build a 5x10 for ourselves. Our little 4x8 is nice but would be nice to have more room. I think that I can build a trailer large enough to stand up in. I have heard of other builders that have built slideouts in their trailers. There is a lot of variations to designs. It is a lot of fun building them.

3 comments:

maddy hill said...

Hi Jean , just wanted to pop by and have a nosy and also say thanks for the lovely blog comment you made on my blog. By the way i use to have a trailer tent a few years ago ... i loved it ! It was such fun and easy to pack up and just go ...ours was so old ! Yours looks fabulous ! well done on it - im sure its great fun !
happy camping and crafting hunny !

Sheree said...

Hi Jean!
You need to make it so we can leave comments on your beautiful cards on the other blog! They are gorgeous!
I added those little boxes under Blog design. I think you can change them to read different but don't think they can be seen from your blog. You can, however, add a 'link' on yours. I'm slowly trying to figure this blog thing out!
Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at: sheree29 at telus dot net
Have a wonderful week!

Sheila said...

Just love your trailer. I bet you never go anywhere without someone coming and commenting on it. We have a 40 year old Cheltenham Caravan, which we lovingly restored and seeing all your woodwork brought back memories of recladding the inside of the 'van. (Inside is oak vaneered - it's like living in a little country cottage!) I hope you have as much fun with your van as we do with ours - life on the open road is just perfect!